Crispy Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings tossed in a buttery, garlicky parmesan coating. These wings are packed with flavor and are perfect for an appetizer or light lunch!
Chicken wings are always a good idea, I mean who doesn’t love them? I feel like they’re perfect for any occasion, especially game day. Cooking them in the air fryer is a plus because it’s minimal clean up and pretty hands off. These wings are tender, crispy on the outside, and smothered in a rich, buttery, garlic parmesan coating.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF USING BAKING POWDER?
Tossing chicken wings in baking powder before placing them in the air fryer or baking them will help them get crispy, similar to the texture of a fried chicken wing.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COOK THE WINGS?
These wings can be made of course in the Air Fryer for a shorter cooking time depending on your Air Fryer. They can also be baked in the oven on 400F, just keep in mind that they may take a little longer to cook.
CAN YOU REHEAT YOUR WINGS?
Absolutely! When I reheat my wings, I usually just throw them back in the air fryer set to 350 degrees for about 5-6ish minutes.
CAN I MAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes. If you want to prepare these ahead of time all you’ve got to do is coat them in the oil and seasoning, cover and place in the fridge until you’re ready to air fry them later that day. I just recommend waiting to prepare your garlic parmesan coating until you’re ready to coat them after they’ve cooked so that the cheese doesn’t clump together in the fridge.
If you love wings, also check out my Chipotle Mango Jerk Wings!
Questions about these Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
For the Wings
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings
- Canola Oil, as needed
- ½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kinders Garlic and Herb with Butter and Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
For the Garlic Parmesan Coating
- ½ Pack Dry Ranch Seasoning Dip
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Lightly coat the wings in canola oil then season with all of the spices for the wings including the baking powder.
- Select the Air Fry setting and set the temperature to 380°F or 390°F depending on your Air Fryer. Preheat for a couple of minutes.
- Insert the crisper plate in your air fryer basket and place wings on one layer in the basket to cook for about 20 minutes.
- After about 10ish minutes flip the wings and continue cooking until crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Half way through the cooking process, mix the melted butter and all of the remaining ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan Coating until combined.
- When the wings are complete, toss them in the garlic parmesan coating and serve. Enjoy!