Nothing says “fall” like this Apple Cider Bundt Cake with Caramel Apple Glaze.
If you’ve ever been apple picking at an orchid and had the apple cider doughnuts, imagine that but better! This Apple Cider Bundt Cake tastes similar. Warm, moist, drizzled with a Caramel Apple Cider glaze. Honestly, this cake didn’t stand a chance in my house… it was gone super quick. I feel like you can’t have just 1 slice haha. This Apple Cider Bundt Cake with Caramel Apple Glaze is an awesome option for a dessert to bring to a party. It would also be perfect to add to your Thanksgiving day meal. Check out a few of my other favorite desserts that include apples! Apple Pie Egg Rolls, Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread, and Caramel Apple Spiced Cupcakes.
- To prevent the cake from sticking, spray the pan generously with nonstick spray or generously butter and flour the pan.
- Let the cake cool for about 5-7ish minutes before removing from the pan to a cooling rack. If you remove the cake too soon it will crumble.If you remove the cake too late it will stick to the pan.
- When adding the cinnamon-sugar to the cake be sure to brush the butter onto the entire cake. You want the cake to be slightly wet so that it will hold the sugar, but not so much that it absorbs it into the cake.
Apple Cider Bundt Cake with Caramel Apple Glaze
For the cake
- 2½ Cups Flour
- ¾ Tsp Baking powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking soda
- 1½ Tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Ground cloves
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Stick And 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ Cup White sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Cup Apple Cider
- ¾ Cup Apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1-2 Tsp Vanilla extract
For the Topping
- ¼ Cup White sugar
- 1-1½ Tablespoons Ground cinnamon, as needed
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
For the Caramel Apple Glaze
- 1 Cup Light brown sugar
- ½ Stick Butter, room temperature
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- ½ Cup Apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a Bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time. Combine apple cider, applesauce, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture alternating with apple cider mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth with a spatula. Tap pan to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, until the cake is golden, and a butter knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for about 7 minutes then carefully remove the cake onto the rack.
- Place the rack with cake over a piece of wax/ parchment paper.
- While the cake is cooking, prepare Caramel Apple cider glaze.
- Over medium heat, add brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon.Be careful not to burn.
- Once sugar is completely melted, slowly add the heavy cream and Apple Cider while stirring. Since the heavy cream is colder than the caramel, the mixture will bubble when added. Don't worry! Allow the mixture to lightly boil for about 1 minute.
- Allow to slightly cool down before using. Keep in mind that caramel thickens as it cools. If that happens before use, reheat in the microwave or on low on the stove to reach desired consistency.
- Now prepare the topping by combining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush warm cake with melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar. Drizzle Caramel apple glaze on top and let the cake cool completely before serving. Enjoy!