The perfect combination of tender apples and warm cinnamon roll pieces, this Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread makes the perfect fall breakfast recipe!
Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite things to add to the menu for breakfast. They are super tasty and super easy to just pop in the oven. Lately, I’ve been having major apple dessert cravings. Maybe its because I’m pregnant or maybe its because apples are everywhere because they’re in season, who knows! This Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread is literally the easiest breakfast or dessert recipe to make. It only requires a couple of ingredients some of which you probably already have on hand and takes minimal effort.
OH and the homemade cream cheese frosting is the BOMB… I could just eat it right out the bowl that’s how good it is, trust me. You don’t even need the one that comes in the package with the cinnamon rolls, I mean you can use it if you just don’t have time to make it, but it’s so worth the extra time!
If you’re looking for more great recipe ideas, make sure you check out my Easy Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls or Apple Spiced Waffles. For another great breakfast option, check out my Easy Hashbrown Casserole.
Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
For the Monkey Bread
- 2 Cans Large Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon, as needed
- 1½-2 Sticks Butter, melted
- 1½ Cup Granny Smith Apples, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract, optional
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar in the raw, optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Ounces Cream cheese, softened
- ½ Butter, softened
- 1½-2 Cups Powdered sugar, as needed
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract, as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a small saute pan, melt butter and add chopped apples, vanilla extract, cinnamon, brown sugar and sugar in the raw and cook apples until slightly tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar until combined. Set aside.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the packaging and cut into quarters. Toss the cinnamon roll dough quarters in the bowl with the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Once well coated, layer the cut cinnamon rolls into the bundt pan along with the apple butter mixture so that each layer has a nice mix of apples, butter and coated cinnamon rolls. (Be sure to coat the Bundt pan with non stick cooking spray or the monkey bread will be difficult to remove later).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbly then let cool for about 10-15 minutes. Once the monkey bread is no longer hot, you can flip it onto a plate from the bundt pan.
- While the Monkey bread is cooling, make the cream cheese frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer , mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until you reach your desired consistency and flavor. If you need to make the frosting sweeter add more powdered sugar. If the frosting is too thick for your preference add in milk or heavy cream to thin it our a bit.
- Drizzle frosting over Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread. Enjoy!