These Apple Pie Egg Rolls might just be my new favorite dessert! Just a handful of ingredients and in about 10 minutes you’ll have a sweet crunchy treat!
Well guys, the temperature has officially dropped! I found myself in uggs the other day haha. The leaves are changing, and it’s starting to get darker earlier ugh, I kinda hate that part. Anyway, if you often find yourself looking for new apple recipes during the colder months and pretty much over your typical Apple pie then I’m here to tell you, ya need to try these bomb Apple Pie Egg Rolls. Like you won’t be disappointed, the yummy warm tender cinnamon apple filling and crispy outside with the gooey caramel drizzle will have your mouth watering.
These Apple Pie Egg Rolls would be perfect on your Thanksgiving table as they would be at any party. I do recommend serving them warm if possible. I mean, you can make them ahead of time and just reheat in the oven right before serving. BUT… they taste much better fresh out of the oil.
- I used granny smith apples, but there are a variety of apples that you can use.
- The amount of canola oil you need for frying the egg rolls will depend on the size and shape of your pot, but you’re going to want at least four inches of oil for frying.
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 5-6 Granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- ¾ Cup Brown sugar
- ¼ Cup Sugar in the raw, natural can sugar (can use white sugar in place)
- 2-3 Tablespoons All purpose flour, as needed
- 2-3 Tablespoons Ground cinnamon, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Canola oil, for frying
- 12-14 Egg roll wrapers
- 2-4 Tablespoons Butter, as needed
- Powdered sugar, biscoff cookies, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce for serving, optional
- Heat a large heavy-bottom over medium heat, add in oil for frying. Bring the oil to 350 degrees, carefully monitoring so you don’t create a grease fire.
- Line a plate with paper towels to place the egg rolls once they’re done frying.
- In a large bowl, add the apples, brown sugar, sugar in the raw, vanilla extract, lemon juice and cinnamon. Toss until apples are evenly coated.
- Add butter to a large skillet over medium heat and add in apples.
- Cook apples until tender then sprinkle in flour, mix well. Set mixture aside.
- Place your first wrapper flat on a clean surface and spoon about two tablespoons or more of filling into one diagonal half of the square. Wet your finger tip with water and dampen the edges of half the wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll to the end. (Follow wrapper instructions to form egg rolls).
- Repeat steps with the remaining rolls until your filling is used up.
- Gently place the rolls, two to three at a time to avoid overcrowding, into your oil. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the rolls from the oil and place onto your prepared paper towel-lined plate.
- Let cool slightly before topping with powdered sugar, biscoff cookie crumble and serving alongside caramel sauce for dipping and vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!