Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are packed with so much flavor that is almost too difficult to put down. Every bite is fille with tender chicken, crunchy veggies and a soft piece of bib lettuce to wrap it all in! These wraps are light and tasty that are great for appetizers, a light Saturday lunch with friends or an easy dinner idea during the week.
These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are yummy, healthy-ish and full of flavor.
WHAT LETTUCE IS BEST FOR MAKING LETTUCE WRAPS?
- Iceberg Lettuce gives them a nice crispiness, but they are much harder to roll compared to other lettuce types.
- Bib Lettuce or Green Leaf both have a large, loose head which work perfectly for wraps.
- Butter Lettuce (recommended) is a softer lettuce, that’s thick, has larger leaves and easy to roll.
Questions about these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tablespoons Green onion, chopped
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Carrots, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 1/3 Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce or as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- ½-1 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 lb Ground chicken
- Sesame seeds, as needed
- Sriracha, as needed
- 1 Head Butter lettuce, rinsed
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the ground chicken for about 5-7 minutes until brown on all sides. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Drain fat some of the fat, then add green and yellow onions, ginger and garlic and cook until the yellow onions are translucent, and the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil and cook for another 2-3 minutes, giving the flavors a chance to blend.
- Serve with butter lettuce, add additional sriracha and sesame seeds on top if desired. Enjoy!