Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are packed with so much flavor that is almost too difficult to put down. Every bite is fille with tender chicken, crunchy veggies and a soft piece of bib lettuce to wrap it all in! These wraps are light and tasty that are great for appetizers, a light Saturday lunch with friends or an easy dinner idea during the week.
These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are yummy, healthy-ish and full of flavor.
WHAT LETTUCE IS BEST FOR MAKING LETTUCE WRAPS?
- Iceberg Lettuce gives them a nice crispiness, but they are much harder to roll compared to other lettuce types.
- Bib Lettuce or Green Leaf both have a large, loose head which work perfectly for wraps.
- Butter Lettuce (recommended) is a softer lettuce, that’s thick, has larger leaves and easy to roll.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tablespoons Green onion, chopped
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Carrots, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 1/3 Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce or as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- ½-1 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 lb Ground chicken
- Sesame seeds, as needed
- Sriracha, as needed
- 1 Head Butter lettuce, rinsed
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the ground chicken for about 5-7 minutes until brown on all sides. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Drain fat some of the fat, then add green and yellow onions, ginger and garlic and cook until the yellow onions are translucent, and the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil and cook for another 2-3 minutes, giving the flavors a chance to blend.
- Serve with butter lettuce, add additional sriracha and sesame seeds on top if desired. Enjoy!