You guys know that I absolutely love bacon, so you can only imagine how excited I get when making these Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Minis. They are packed with so much flavor and wrapped in a perfect think slice of bacon. I feel like meatloaf is that one dish that some aren’t too fond of, mainly because they’ve tried it once and it wasn’t cooked properly and just didn’t have enough flavor. Not to mention, just having ketchup slathered on top of ground meat can be a little scary. When I was younger, I Definity felt that way… it just seemed a little sketch to me haha. This recipe will be perfect for your kids!
If you’re familiar with my site, then you know that I add bacon to pretty much everything that I possibly can. I love it so much I think it should be its own food group haha. Ok enough about bacon… back to the actual dish!
Over the years I’ve made plenty of meatloaf and have tried all types of meatloaf. But when I make these wonderful Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Minis, I wrap them each in thick yummy bacon. I can’t even begin to explain how good they are, typically I am not a fan of leftovers after the second day. However, with these babies I definitely had no problem eating additional leftovers until they were gone.
TIPS FOR MAKING BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF MINIS:
- As with most meatloaf recipes you will need an egg to bind everything together and some sort of starch like breadcrumbs.
- When mixing all of the meatloaf ingredients be careful not to overwork the meat by mixing it too much. Use your hands to form the meatloaf minis.
- The easiest way to wrap the bacon around the meatloaf minis is to use longer thicker pieces of bacon. Wrap the meatloaf minis tightly and secure with two toothpicks on each side if you have them. If not, no big deal.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Mini's
- 1/2 Cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 Cup Chopped green pepper
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 6-8 Slices of bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream or milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Sage
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1-2 Tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2-3 Dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and peppers until onions are fragrant and peppers are tender about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk or heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, sage, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cooked onions and peppers. Add in a couple squirts of ketchup if you’d like.
- Use hands to mix well but try not to over work the meat. Divide into 6-8 equal sized portions and shape into round disks.
- Wrap bacon slices around the meatloaf minis.
- Bake in preheated oven until bacon is golden, and the internal temperature of the meatloaf reads at least 165F about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, in a separate bowl, combine ketchup and barbecue sauce and set aside until about half way through the cooking process. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the sauce on the tops of the meatloaf minis.