This Banana Bread French Toast recipe is moist, sweet and decadent. Take two of your favorite breakfast treats and make the ultimate weekend breakfast!
Y’all already know that I am a HUGE fan of anything breakfast or brunch related. It’s basically my love language haha. Now imagine my Easy Banana Nut Bread recipe taken up a few notches. Your Saturday morning breakfast honestly couldn’t get any easier. You can make your Banana Nut Bread 1-2 days before then just prepare your Banana Bread French Toast that morning for the family!
- Feel free to use store bought Banana Bread if available and you’re not up for baking from scratch. If it will save you time I’m all for it and it will taste just as good! If you do decide to make my Easy Banana Nut Bread recipe from scratch you can always make it a couple of days ahead of time and slice it up on the weekend if you can even wait that long, ahh!
- Make sure you use a well greased nonstick pan because the last thing you want is Banana Bread sticking to your pan and straight up falling apart.
Banana Bread French Toast
- 2 Large Egg
- ¾-1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract, as needed
- ½ Tablespoon Ground cinnamon, as needed
- ½ Teaspoon Brown Sugar, optional
- 1 Loaf Banana Bread
- Whipped Cream, as needed
- Chopped walnuts, as needed
- Sliced Bananas, as needed
- Canola oil, as needed
- Non stick Cooking Spray
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, brown sugar and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter and a little canola oil in a skillet on medium heat. Spray with a little non stick cooking spray.
- Dip each banana bread slice into the egg mixture being sure to lightly coat all sides and shaking off excess (Do not drench).
- Add to a large skillet over medium heat and cook on each side for about 1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with syrup, walnuts, sliced bananas and whipped cream. Enjoy!