This Berry French Toast Casserole is the perfect make-ahead breakfast or brunch. The best part is it’s easy to customize with your favorite mixed berries! Overnight french toast casseroles are a great option for just about any event especially if you need to come up with something fast that will feed a ton of people and won’t take much to prepare. Anyone can really make this casserole. It can easily be halved for smaller gatherings.
Breakfast foods of any kind, will always be my favorite. Oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, bacon, muffins, eggs.. all of that! This Berry French Toast Casserole is a perfect way to use up some of the berries that you have sitting in the fridge. I love using fresh berries for this casserole however, frozen works perfectly fine too. No need to thaw the frozen berries first; just layer them in the casserole as you would with the fresh berries.
- Slice the strawberries ahead of time.
- Cut the bread in advance.
- Mix the egg and milk mixture the night before.
- Assemble everything the night before and store it in the fridge overnight to soak up all that goodness.
In my most humble opinion, the best way to serve this amazingness is to drizzle some maple syrup (especially the fancy kind!) on top. And of course, pair it with a few slices of bacon!
Berry French Toast Casserole
- 1 Loaf french bread
- 8 Large eggs
- 2 Cups of 2% milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Sliced strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Rasberries
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Grease a 9″x13″ casserole dish with canola oil or butter. Cut up French bread into cubes and add to casserole dish. Fill up ¾ of the way.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Whisk mixture and mix well. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Slice strawberries. Top casserole with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Wrap the casserole dish with foil and refrigerate for 2-4 hour hours, or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!