These Breakfast Calzones are such a quick and delicious breakfast! They are perfect for feeding a hungry crowd and are super easy to make!
As you guys know, breakfast food is my absolute favorite. Like it’s the key to my heart and I wouldn’t mind not one bit if I had to eat it every day, multiple times a day. Haha Anytime I don’t cook dinner during the week, my immediate go to is breakfast. So, because I love breakfast so much I’m always looking for ways to switch things up a bit. These Breakfast Calzones are everything!! Guys, they’re super easy to make, no dough making from scratch involved and they are loaded with bacon, sausage, eggs, onions, peppers and cheese… lots of cheese. It’s like a one stop shop for breakfast ya know!
- 1 lb Breakfast sausage
- 7-8 Slices Bacon
- 6-7 Large Eggs
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy cream, optional
- 1½ Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup Green pepper, chopped
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- 3 Tablespoons Melted butter
- Chopped parsley, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a foil lined sheet tray add slices of bacon and cook until done. Set aside and chop when cool.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add sausage, bell peppers and onion and canola oil. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until sausage is crispy and peppers are tender. Transfer to a plate, wipe down pan and return the pan to heat to cook eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pour about 1 tablespoon of canola oil or butter into the pan and heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes or just until the eggs begin to set. Set pan aside.
- Lay each sheet of Crescent Dough on a clean flat Surface, layer with scrambled eggs, some of the sausage pepper and onion mixture, bacon and cheese. Roll until you reach the end, sort of like you're making cinnamon rolls. Seam side should be down.
- Cut small slices but not all the way through on the top and brush with melted butter. Place onto a foil lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick pray. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush with additional butter and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!