This Cheesy Cauliflower Bake will become another veggie favorite for sure! It requires minimal ingredients and is super easy to make. What’s your favorite way to make cauliflower? I love it roasted as a side dish or covered in cheese like it is in this cheesy cauliflower bake! Ok let’s be honest, cauliflower is a great vegetable to add to your rotation. Not only is it just 29 calories per 1 cup, but it’s packed with vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E and B complex vitamins!
It’s low in carbs, is a great source of protein and provides calcium, potassium and iron to your daily diet! I know, we’re taking healthy cauliflower and we’re adding cheese on top. And you’re absolutely right we are because it tastes amazing!
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
- 2 lbs Cauliflower, cut into florets (can use frozen)
- 1/2 Lemon (to avoid bad smell when cooking fresh cauliflower)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1-1/2 Cups Heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1-1/2 Cup Grated parmesean cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Steam the cauliflower florets in a steam basket for 10 minutes. If you don’t have a steam basket, then fill a large pot with water, toss in the florets and lemon (If using frozen cauliflower let partially thaw- Do not boil frozen in water).
- Bring it to boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer the florets into very cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk egg and heavy cream together. Add in flour, salt, cumin, garlic powder and black pepper. Whisk until smooth. Fold in about 1 cup of parmesan cheese. Toss in the steamed or thawed cauliflower florets and coat them well with this sauce.
- Transfer it into a casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven, throw the remaining parmesan on top and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and gets nice and bubbly.