This easy Chewy Brownie recipe will be your GO TO! You will never buy a boxed brownie mix again.
Next to Chocolate Chip Cookies, brownies are one of my all- time favorite desserts. This particular brownie recipe is very easy to make and tastes so decadent and chocolatey-y. Ok, now don’t come for me yall, but… I am one of those people who hates super thick and overly fudgy brownies. I know I’m not the only one right? In my opinion, it’s just too much LOL. It takes away from the nice chocolatey brownie flavor. So, if you’re like me then these bomb Chewy Brownies are for you! They’re the perfect amount of fudge, with a chewy center, pools of melted chocolate throughout and a crackly top, mmh!
DO I HAVE TO USE A 9X13 PAN?
No, I like using this size pan for this recipe because as I stated previously I am not a fan of thick fudgy brownies. If that’s your thing, then by all means go for it, just keep in mind that if you do, it will affect your baking temperature and time if you decide to use something like a 9×9 or 8×8 pan because the brownies will need a little longer to cook. Which also means you’ll need to cook them at a lower temperature like 325ish.
DOES IT MATTER IF I USE A GLASS OR METAL PAN?
Not necessarily. I like to use metal pans when baking brownies because I LOVE the crispy brownie edges. Using glass would probably require you to bake the brownies a little longer to ensure they are cooked.
CAN I ADD NUTS?
Sure! If you like brownies with nuts then you can stir in ½-1 cup of chopped nuts when you stir in the chopped chocolate.
HOW SHOULD I STORE MY BROWNIES?
You can store them in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature for about 3-4 days.
WHY ARE MY BROWNIES DRY?
This could be because you either overbaked them or you over measured your flour. Keep in mind that brownies need to be slightly under-baked when you pull them out of the oven because they continue cooking when cooling on the counter.
- Don’t over mix the brownie batter. Once you add in the flour, just mix until it’s blended.
- Insert a toothpick to make sure your brownies are done. If they still have crumbs on the toothpick, remove them from the oven. Your brownies will continue to bake even as they cool. If they still have brownie batter on the toothpick, then keep them in, but monitor them every couple of minutes, then check again using a toothpick.
- Spray your pan with non-stick cooking then line with parchment paper for easy removal, then spray again with non-stick cooking spray.
- If you want to make these Chewy Brownies ahead of time, I’d make them the night before, letting them cool in the pan overnight.
- The brownies need to be completely cooled in the pan before removing and cutting, they are very delicate when warm. I like to let mine cool overnight.
Check out a few DESSERT favorites!
- Easy Brownie Cookies
- Mini Egg Marshmallow Cookies
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Cream Cookies
- Holiday Cake Batter Cookies
Questions about these Chewy Brownies? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- ½ Cup Cocoa Power, Sifted
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 4½ oz Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chopped
- Non- Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Then spray again.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the butter and microwave for about 1 minute, or until the butter is melted.
- Add the sugar, whisk until combined then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in the flour and cocoa powder, and salt until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the brownies are set and an inserted toothpick into the center has moist crumbs attached. Do not over-bake. Let cool completely before cutting and serving. Enjoy!