Chicken Bacon Bites – Perfectly seasoned chicken pieces, wrapped in bacon tossed in a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce baked then broiled to perfection. I mean really, need I say more?
Ok guys, I am sharing an amazing appetizer for you guys today. Bite size pieces of chicken wrapped in bacon… yes BACON! Not only is this delicious, but this appetizer is so quick and easy!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN BACON BITES
- Let the piece of bacon overlap when you wrap each piece of chicken a little bit. This will make sure that the bacon stays secureand not unravel as the bites are cooked and eaten.
- Cut the slices of bacon into thirds because you want the slices of bacon to get nice and crispy. If you wrap a large slice so that it overlaps in a few layers, the inner layers of bacon will be soft and chewy, and you don’t want that.
- Broil the bites for the last few minutes so that they can get that nice little char on the outside.
- Be sure to use foil or parchment paper to line your baking sheet when you get ready to cook as it makes clean-up super easy!
- Another option is to cook these on the grill, just simply cook them over indirect heat (to avoid them potentially burning) and turn them as needed. Keep a close eye on them because sugary sauces will burn quicker on the grill if you are not careful.
- Be sure to coat the bites in additional sauce towards the end of the cooking process.
Questions about these Chicken Bacon Bites? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Chicken Bacon Bites
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breast, cubbed
- 1/2-1 lb Applewood smoked bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 Cup Barbecue sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Mikes hot honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- Tooth picks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine barbecue sauce, ketchup, sriracha, brown sugar, mikes hot honey and place in the fridge.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika.
- Add ¼ of the barbecue sauce mixture to the chicken and combine.
- Take one cut strip of bacon and lay a cube of chicken on top. Roll the chicken/ bacon up and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush the bites with the barbecue mixture and place on a foil or parchment lined sheet pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Turn them over, baste with more barbecue sauce and place in oven for another 7-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Broil on high for a about 2-3 minutes to get a nice char before serving. Enjoy!