This delicious Chicken Fettuccine Pasta in a homemade Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce includes all of the flavors you’ll love. From garlic, parmesan cheese, and basil this mouthwatering dish is easy enough for a weeknight meal!
WHAT THE HECK IS BÉCHAMEL SAUCE?
Its basically a fancy word for cheese sauce. This is also known as “white sauce” which is made from roux and milk or heavy cream. Béchamel Sauce is used as the base for other sauces.
Chicken Fettuccine with a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 8 Ounces Fettuccine pasta (1/2 pack)
- 2 lbs Diced Chicken breast
- 16 Ounces Roasted red peppers in the jar
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Cloves Chopped garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4-5 Cups Heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Strain the liquid from the jar with the roasted red peppers and place into a food processor or bullet blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Season chicken with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Heat up a large, non-stick pan. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat. Add in chopped garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- In a sauce pot melt 4 tablespoons of butter then add in your flour to form a roux.
- Add in heavy cream and whisk to avoid any clumps
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour béchamel sauce and pureed roasted red peppers into the pot with fettuccine and mix together.
- Add in chicken and mix everything together
- Garnish with freshly chopped green onion and grated parmesan cheese.