Somedays I run short on time and feel like there truly aren’t enough hours in the day. But anyway, when I do have time I like to make something quick and easy for dinner like these Chicken Panini’s with Apricot Sauce! They are really easy to make and the sauce and chicken can be made ahead of time to cut down time spent in the kitchen.
With spring finally here its the perfect time to make sandwiches for lunch or dinner because they are quick and easy, and you can load them ’em up with all types of ingredients! The best part is that you can customize your sandwich to your liking.
Once my sandwiches were assembled, I used a panini press to grill them to perfection! Let me just say, if you don’t have a panini press GET ONE! This was the first thing that my husband and I put on our registry when we got married, because we make so many different types of sandwiches and its very convenient. However if you don’t have a panini press, no worries, you can use whatever you have that you’d use to make a grilled cheese.
Chicken Panini with Apricot Sauce
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breast (Pounded to even out thickness)
- 4 Pieces Sliced sourdough bread
- 2 Tablespoons Apricot preserves
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Smoked paprika to taste (Optional)
- Baby spinach
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chopped green onion
- 2 Slices Provolone Cheese (Cut in half)
- Heat griddle pan over medium heat.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Drizzle pan with oil and sear chicken breast on both sides until cooked all the way through. Let the chicken breast rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine apricot preserves, dijon mustard, mayonnaise. Add smoked paprika to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
- To assemble, spread the apricot sauce on two slices of bread. Add the chicken breast, baby spinach, red onion slices and provolone cheese.
- Drizzle the top and bottom of the bread with olive oil and brown on a panini grill.