This Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Apples recipe is the perfect go-to meal during the Summer mainly because it requires little to no cooking, you can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge, it can be eaten on wraps, croissants or on salad and lastly, it’s so light and refreshing to enjoy when its super-hot out! I’m sure there are so many different versions of chicken salad out there and can be pretty overwhelming! Today I’m sharing my version which I’m sure you’ll love! It’s my go to when I’m trying to figure out what to eat for lunch during the week! I honestly make this recipe year-round because its I love it so much and of course its super easy to make and filling!
- My main advice is to prepare the chicken salad at least 2 to 4 hours in advance. Overnight is even better! If you don’t have the time that’s totally fine. This will give the flavors a chance to really develop. It’ll be well worth the wait!
- Bake the chicken in the oven vs. pan sear as it is a much healthier option. I you’re living your best life and don’t really care then go for it!
- You can use Rotisserie Chicken if you prefer, it cuts the time a bit so you don’t have to bake any chicken!
Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries
- 2-3 Chicken breast (can also use rotisserie chicken)
- 3 Stalks celery, chopped
- 1 Gala Apple, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Dried cranberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and Pepper taste
- 1 Splash Apple Cider vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Drizzle chicken breast with canola oil and season on both sides with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on lined sheet tray and bake for bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place the chicken, celery, apple, mayonnaise and cranberries in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Season if needed and add in a splash of the apple cider vinegar. Enjoy!