With a simple spice combination, these Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa are AMAZING and are cooked so quickly on the stovetop.
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I get for Taco Night, can anyone else relate? LOL. Shrimp Tacos, Chicken Tacos, and Beef Tacos… you name it! I love how versatile tacos are. You can literally add whatever sauce, toppings or protein you’d like to make them your own.
Now Let’s talk about toppings…you can stuff your toppings in the inside of your Chipotle Chicken Tacos or you can add everything on top like we usually do. Either way they’re delicious! Here are a few of my favorite topping ideas to get you started:
- Mango Salsa
- Guacamole or Sliced Avocado
- Chopped Cilantro and Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
- Pico de gallo
- Sliced Red onions or tomatoes
- Chunky Salsa
CAN I PREP THE CHICKEN AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! You can cook and shred the chicken at least 1-2 days in advance to save you some time.
- Traditionally, tacos are made with corn tortillas. But I’ve never been a fan and almost always use flour tortillas. So feel free to use what you’d like.
- These tacos are best served hot while the cheese is melted! So if you want to prep ahead, just cook the chicken in advance and keep all of your chopped toppings in tupperware until ready.
- Feel free to substitute the chicken with shrimp or beef.
Questions about these Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 2½ lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 8-10 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 16 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Packs Goya Sazon
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1½ Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Chipotle Seasonings
- 1½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3½ Tablespoons Canola Oil
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Season the chicken with all the spices and 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Be sure to coat the chicken evenly with the spices and canola oil.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of canola oil to the pan and sear the chicken on both sides until cooked through about 4-5 minutes. Set aside for about 1-2 minutes (Reserve the liquid from the chicken on the plate). Then chop the chicken into small chunks, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a large griddle over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to the griddle and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the flour tortillas on the griddle and add some of the reserved liquid from the cooked chicken on top of the tortillas (Optional).
- Add shredded Mozzarella cheese on top of the tortillas then add some of the chopped chicken. Fold over one side of the tortilla and cook for about 2ish minutes then flip and cook on the other side until nice and golden brown.
- Add the Mango Salsa and any additional toppings that you'd like and Enjoy!