Chipotle Mango Jerk Wings is just the dish you need to transport you to somewhere tropical even if you can’t quite get there in real life!
Y’all, these wings were delicious! Honestly, probably the best that I’ve had in awhile. The kick from the jerk spices coated in a sweet and spicy Chipotle mango sauce both come together in one phenomenal recipe! The Air fryer cooked these babies to perfection, nice and crispy. These Chipotle Mango Jerk Wings are the perfect party appetizer or for a weekend lunch!
IS JERK CHICKEN SPICY?
This isn’t a sauce for those who don’t like a little heat. I mean, I’m not too crazy about food that’s loaded with a ton of spice but this recipe has just the right amount of heat… nothing too crazy, trust me! The spice is what makes it a truly Jamaican-ish recipe. Most of the spice comes from the chipotle mango sauce, good thing is you can adjust how much chipotle sauce you’re using.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COOK THE WINGS?
These wings can be made of course in the Air Fryer for a shorter cooking time depending on your Air Fryer. They can be baked in the oven on 400F, just keep in mind that they may take a little longer to cook. These wings can also be cooked on the grill for a nice char and that smoky grill flavor that we all love!
Chipotle Mango Jerk Wings
For the Chicken
- 3 lbs Chicken Wings
- Canola Oil
- ½ Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons Allspice
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika (Can also use regualr Paprika)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- 2½ Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Black pepper
- 1½ Tablespoons Cumin
- ½ Tablespoon Brown Sugar
For the Chipotle Mango Sauce
- ⅓ Cup Mango Nectar, more as needed
- 1 Cup Ketchup, more as needed
- ⅓ Cup Honey, more as needed
- 1½ Tablespoons Brown Sugar, more as needed
- 3 Tablespoons Green Onion
- 3-4 Tablespoons Chipotle Sauce, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Lightly coat the wings in canola oil then add the Jerk Spice and toss.
- Refrigerate for about 3-4 hours or overnight. Remove from the fridge then coat the wings in baking powder.
- Select the Air Fry setting and set the temperature to 380°F or 390°F depending on your Air Fryer. Preheat for a couple of minutes.
- Insert the crisper plate in your air fryer basket and place wings in the basket to cook for 25 minutes.
- After about 10-12 minutes flip the wings and continue cooking until crispy.
- While the wings are cooking blend all of the sauce ingredients until combined.
- When cooking is complete, toss the wings in the Chipotle Mango Sauce and serve. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply