These easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are soft, chewy, and a little fudgy. The best part is that they are made with cake mix and they are perfect for whenever the craving hits.
Now, by no means am I a baker so whenever I do make any sort of baked treat I usually try and make sure it’s super easy, and quick. You won’t even believe that these Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are made from cake mix! They are the easiest cookie recipe to follow and they’re gooey, soft and chocolatey. Oh and the peppermint with the white chocolate drizzle…AMAZING okay! The flavors work so well together. Honestly, you could make these cookies bring them to a Holiday party and no one would even know they’re made with cake mix, that’s how good they are!
- I recommend using melted butter instead of oil so that the cookies have are chewier, more cookie-like, and taste less like cake mix.
- If you’re using a box of cake mix that is around 15oz (which is what I used), you’ll need to use 1/3 cup of butter.
- Feel free you use your favorite brand of chocolate cake mix, I used chocolate fudge cake mix by Betty Crocker. You can also change up the flavors and use vanilla or red velvet to make the cookies by just switching the cake mix. Super easy right?!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- ⅓ Cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 15oz Box of chocolate cake mix
- ¾ Cup Chocolate chips, more as needed (can also chop up bakers chocolate)
- ½ Cup Peppermint candy, chopped
- ½ Cup White chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, eggs and chocolate cake mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped peppermint candy.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the tops look set. Remove from the oven and add additional chopped peppermint candy on top and white chocolate drizzle, let cool. Enjoy!