Perfectly tender and Juicy Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs soaked in a flavor packed marinade and pan seared to perfection!
Yall, I’m getting so excited because it’s finally warming up consistently and I’m so ready to grill out, make fancy drinks and hang out by the pool with boogie and hubby haha. Oh and the BEACH, yesss! This marinade comes together quickly and is super easy to make, which means it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. I love to marinate the chicken overnight for maximum flavor.
It’s something about the sweet honey, tangy lime and cilantro combination that just works so well together. It’s crazy because I used to hate cilantro, no idea why… the flavor was just too much for me, ehh. I feel like it’s one of those herbs where you either love it or hate it because the flavor can sometimes be a little overpowering ya know! But now..it is definitely one of my favorite herbs to cook and garnish with. If you don’t have a grill or if you don’t feel like firing it up, no problem! You can definitely use a grill pan for those beautiful grill marks which is what I did for this recipe because really, who’s firing up the grill during the week? Not me!
Your whole family will love this recipe even the picky eaters!
DO I HAVE TO USE CHICKEN THIGHS?
Not at all! I used bone-in, skin on thighs for this recipe, for maximum juiciness. I mean who doesn’t love good crispy chicken? But feel free to use boneless skinless thighs, chicken breast or even wings (which would be delicious by the way). Just keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the type of chicken you’re using. Regardless of the type, chicken always needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F.
Questions about these Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- 6 Chicken Thighs, Skin on
- ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 4 Cloves, Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder, as needed
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder, as needed
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder, as needed
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika, as needed
- 1½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt, as needed
- 1 Teaspoon Black pepper, as needed
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin, as needed
- In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, minced garlic, 3 tablespoons canola oil, lime juice, honey, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the Chicken Thighs to a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, and pour in the cilantro mixture. Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat a large Cast Iron grill pan or skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter and the remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- In batches, add the chicken to the grill pan skin side down and cook for about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook on the other side for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature should be 165°F. Enjoy!