Crispy, charred delicious Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings are great for a weekend appetizer, they’re so simple yet so good!
- If you don’t have time to marinate your wings, no biggie. However, I strongly recommend doing so. Marinating your wings helps infuse them with so much flavor.
- Keep in mind that all ovens operate differently so some ovens might run hotter than others. I’d suggest cooking them for about 25- 30 ish minutes and checking them half way through.
- You can flip your wings half way through if you’d like, I’ve done it both ways and each time they came out fine.
- Chicken wings are done when they’ve reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- I recommend patting your chicken wings dry with a paper towel before adding them to the marinade. This helps remove any excess moisture from the chicken wings & helps them to crisp up in the oven.
- Baking the wings on a metal wire rack on top of a sheet tray catches any drippings that will fall from your wings while cooking, leaving your wings crispy on the outside.
- If your wings aren’t as crispy as you’d like then, the last thing that you can do is broil them on high for about 2-3 ish more minutes (or until they reach your desired crispiness). Just be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn because things can take a turn for the worst if you’re not watching them.
NEED MORE CHICKEN RECIPES? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES BELOW.
- Blueberry BBQ Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Burritos
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Questions about these Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
- 2lbs Chicken Wings (Wings & Drums)
- ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 3 Whole Cloves of Garlic
- 1½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Balck Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- Add all of the ingredients except the chicken to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pat your chicken wings dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Place the wings and your marinade in a large zip lock bag and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Once the wings are done marinating, preheat your oven to 400°F and spray a large metal wire baking rack with non-stick cooking spray. Place the rack on top of a foil lined sheet tray.
- Place your wings on the rack with enough space in between each so none are touching each other.
- Bake for about 25-30ish minutes. Once the wings are done, for extra crispiness you can broil them for 2 ish minutes. Be sure to watch them so they don't burn.
- Serve your wings immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!