Cinnamon Toast Crunch was definitely one of my favorite cereals growing up. It always made me feel like I was eating dessert for breakfast. These Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars will have you reminiscing back to your childhood days.
I’m not exaggerating when I say that these bars are THE BOMB. I’m sure you hear food bloggers say that alot about all of their recipes haha. But no, really they are incredible. The Maple Cream Cheese frosting paired with the cinnamon sugar is truly the perfect match. The funny thing about this recipe is that I actually had other plans for the frosting but ended up using the remaining frosting from another dessert that honestly worked even better to my surprise!
Now you guys know I’m all about yummy time saving recipes. So of course these Bars are no different. They are kinda similar to my Biscoff Cookie Cake Bars. Perfect dessert to make with the kids.
Questions about these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreeseon Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
For the Bars
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (can also use white cake mix)
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Large Egg
For the Maple Frosting
- 1-1½ Cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- ½ Stick Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9″x9″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, egg, oil, and milk. Don’t be alarmed, the batter will be thick.
- Spread or press the batter across the bottom of the pan. (I used a glove and a silicon spatula for this part that I sprayed with a little non stick spray to help spread the batter a little easier, it will be tough to spread at first).
- Bake at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes (be sure to check at the 20 minute mark). Using a toothpick, the center should come out clean and the edges will be light brown.
- While the bars are cooling, in a medium bowl, mix together all of the frosting ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Once the bars are cooled, spread a layer of the maple frosting on top (you will have a lot left over so use as much as you'd like). Top with as much Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal as you'd like. Cut into 9 bars and Enjoy!