This Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe is easy to make for lunch or dinner filled with juicy shrimp, peppers, onions and delicious seasonings. You can serve it over rice or noodles!
I’ve had this crazy obsession with curry lately… chicken, shrimp all of that! So good, so I’m back at it with this bomb Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe. I love how fast this recipe comes together and literally tastes like it’s been cooking for hours. There is so much flavor in this recipe. Oh and the sauce… Mmm It’s the best combination of red curry paste, spices and creamy coconut milk.
- Skip the cream and go for coconut milk instead. It’s creamy like heavy cream but it’s also a lot lighter and works well with the curry paste..
- Be sure to use a quality “Coconut Milk” which helps to thicken this up. You know it is of quality by shaking the can and not hearing any liquid swish around.
- DO NOT use unsweetened coconut, it will jack up your whole meal, you need the sweetness from the coconut milk to balance out the curry and bring the spices together.
Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 1½ lb Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, sliced
- ½ Cup Red pepper, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2½ Tablespoons Red curry paste, add more as needed
- 1 14.5 oz Can, Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Lime juice
- 1½ Teaspoon Fresh ginger, chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz Can Coconut milk
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Smoked paprika
- Heat Canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onions and peppers and cook over medium heat until peppers are tender, for about 5 ish minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger and continue cooking until garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, red curry paste, lime juice and coconut milk and bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, season your shrimp with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken add in your shrimp and cook until cooked through. Serve over cooked Jasmine rice. Enjoy!