I don’t know about you but, I love to eat sweet corn especially during the spring and summer. This easy Corn Fritter recipe is perfect for when you’re looking for a way to use up some of the corn in your fridge! Crispy on the edges, soft in the middle and so amazingly tasty, these little cheesy corn fritters are so easy to put together and make a great side dish to take to a potluck! Feel free to use canned, frozen or fresh corn. Enjoy!
- 3 Cups Of Corn
- 1/3 Cup Chopped cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Chopped green onion
- 1/2 Diced Jalapeno (deseeded and membranes removed)
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili powder
- Add the corn to a large bowl. If using fresh corn, cut all the kernels off the cob. If using canned or frozen see notes.
- Add in the cilantro, green onion, diced jalapeno, and the lime juice.
- In a separate small bowl add the flour, baking powder, kosher salt, black pepper, chili powder and mix to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the corn. Stir to mix together.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, milk, and cheese. Mix to combine. This will start to form a thick batter which is completely fine.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat, then add a drizzle or two of canola oil, you just need to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place a scoop of the corn fritter batter into the hot oil. Press the batter down to compact it.
- Let the fritters cook in the oil for about 2-3 minutes, once you see the edges starting to turn golden. Carefully, using a spatula flip the corn fritters over to cook the other side.
- Once both sides are golden brown, remove from the pan and set on a tray lined with paper towels to absorb any extra oil.
- Serve the fritters warm. They are excellent with a dollop of sour cream.