There is no better side dish than Creamed Corn…or maybe mac and cheese? Haha Anyway, throw away any of the canned stuff that you may have in your pantry. It sounds intimidating at first to make creamed corn from scratch but trust me, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this side dish. Besides, we all know that anything homemade tastes so much better right? Once you try this Creamed Corn recipe there will be no turning back. Now don’t get me wrong when I was younger I absolutely loved creamed corn. Like I wanted it every night with every meal. Yikes! Don’t judge me guys, I was young.
In the summer this recipe is perfect to make with fresh corn cut off the cob to take to a BBQ or potluck. When I don’t have access to fresh corn or just don’t have the time to cut it off the cobb frozen corn is my go-to. No need to defrost them first just drop them right in the pot.
potluck. It’s quick, easy, and delicious. Make ahead or the day of. This recipe reheats well and is perfect for leftovers!
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2-1 Cup Heavy cream
- 4 Cups Frozen corn (1lb Bag frozen corn )
- Black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Melt butter over med-high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 mins to form what’s called a roux and cook some of the flour out.
- Whisk in heavy cream until combined with the flour mixture.
- Once the cream begins to thicken add in frozen corn, salt, pepper, and ground cinnamon.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning, turn the heat down to medium.
- Cover and cook for about 10 mins, stirring every few minutes. Taste and serve!