This Creamy Chicken Bowtie Pasta is an easy restaurant quality meal that can be prepared in your own kitchen!
Oh Mondays, who else gets the Sunday blues heading into a new week? Ugh the worst. Anyway, I’m back with another super easy pasta recipe to start off your week. This bowtie pasta recipe has all of the ingredients you would want in a pasta dish. The sauce…man oh man it’s pure perfection. It’s not too thick and clumpy and not too thin or watery. I used heavy cream as I pretty much do in a lot of my cream based pasta dishes. The cream, freshly grated parmesan and lemon come together perfectly to create a mouthwatering sauce that will have you wanting to lick your plate!
This Creamy Chicken Bowtie Pasta is super simple to make. All you really have to do is season and sear your chicken, cook your pasta, and build your sauce with fresh spinach and herbs, grated lemon zest and freshly grated parmesan cheese and boom you’re pretty much finished!
Creamy Chicken Bowtie Pasta
- 4 Thin sliced chicken breast
- 1 lb Bowtie Pasta
- 1 Cup Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh basil, chiffonade
- ¼ Cup White wine
- 2-3 Cups Heavy cream, as needed
- Parmesean cheese, grated
- 1½ Cup Flour, as needed
- ¼ Cup Canola oil
- ½ Tablespoon Paprika
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon Creole seasoning
- ½ Tablespoon Old bay
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Zest of half a lemon
- Bring a large port of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Season the chicken breast on both sides with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet pan over medium heat. On a plate or flat dish add flour and all of the spices, mix well. Lightly dredge the chicken breast with in the four mixture.
- Shallow fry the chicken breast until nicely browned on both sides and cooked all the way through. About 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken breast from the skillet and set aside, keep warm.
- Remove some of the oil from the pan and leave a thin layer. In the same pan add in the mushrooms and onions and saute until onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender. Deglaze pan with white wine and cook until the wine has reduced.
- Add in heavy cream and simmer over medium to high heat until the sauce begins to thicken. Once the sauce has begun to thicken add in basil, spinach, parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Season the sauce to your liking, remove from the heat and toss in the pasta. Transfer to a bowl or plate and add the sliced chicken breast on top. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply