We eat A L O T of chicken in our house! I’m always looking for new ways to transform chicken, and this Creamy Chicken Florentine is perfect for the days you crave a good, warm meal. I love this recipe because it has minimal prep work (which is great for busy weeknights), taste really good, and can be served with many different things. Pasta, mashed potatoes or any veggies!
In case you were wondering what ‘florentine”means, it’s basically a fancy words for foods that are made with spinach!
Creamy Chicken Florentine
- 1-2 Cups Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Sliced mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Minced garlic
- 3/4 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup Cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup White wine
- 4 Thinly sliced chicken breast
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Butter
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side until light golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and add to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms and sauté until tender (You may need to add a little oil). Add in garlic and sauce until fragrant. Add in white wine to deglaze the pan then let it simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
- Add in the spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Once the spinach has wilted add in the cream cheese and mix well. Once the cream cheese as been mixed together add in the heavy cream and simmer.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the chicken breast back to the pan and spoon the sauce over.