This Creamy Parmesan Herb Chicken recipe has the most delicious pan seared chicken smothered in a garlicky parmesan mushroom sauce. It’s quick, easy and super flavorful!
I love a good mushroom, cream and herb combo of some sort whether I’m creating some sort of soup, stew, or pasta. The addition of cream really gives this sauce a velvety texture. I love how this Creamy Parmesan Herb Chicken Recipe is so versatile because you can pour it over chicken, fish, steak or even veggies!
WHAT TYPE OF MUSHROOMS SHOULD I USE?
I used baby portobello mushrooms, however you can feel free to use whats available to you whether its white or cremini mushrooms.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH CREAMY PARMESAN HERB CHICKEN?
This recipe pairs perfectly with my Creamy Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes, rice, any sort of green veggies like my Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts.
Creamy Parmesan Herb Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Canola oil, as needed
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Portbello Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1½ Cup Heavy cream
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup Dry white wine
- ½ Cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon of butter and about 1 tablespoon of canola oil and cook the chicken on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until a nice brown crust has formed on each side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter additional canola oil if needed and add garlic, fresh herbs, mushrooms and onions. Saute for about 1-2 minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce down a bit. Add in heavy cream and let the sauce thicken a bit and season to taste. Once sauce has begun to thicken add in parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply