This Creamy Parmesan Herb Chicken recipe has the most delicious pan seared chicken smothered in a garlicky parmesan mushroom sauce. It’s quick, easy and super flavorful!
I love a good mushroom, cream and herb combo of some sort whether I’m creating some sort of soup, stew, or pasta. The addition of cream really gives this sauce a velvety texture. I love how this Creamy Parmesan Herb Chicken Recipe is so versatile because you can pour it over chicken, fish, steak or even veggies!
WHAT TYPE OF MUSHROOMS SHOULD I USE?
I used baby portobello mushrooms, however you can feel free to use whats available to you whether its white or cremini mushrooms.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH CREAMY PARMESAN HERB CHICKEN?
Creamy Parmesan Herb Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Canola oil, as needed
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Portbello Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1½ Cup Heavy cream
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup Dry white wine
- ½ Cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon of butter and about 1 tablespoon of canola oil and cook the chicken on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until a nice brown crust has formed on each side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter additional canola oil if needed and add garlic, fresh herbs, mushrooms and onions. Saute for about 1-2 minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce down a bit. Add in heavy cream and let the sauce thicken a bit and season to taste. Once sauce has begun to thicken add in parmesan cheese. Enjoy!