Who else struggles with finding different sides to pair with your meals? I know sometimes I definitely struggle with coming up with new ideas. I’m here to tell you to add this creamy, sweet, and salty Skillet Corn to your rotation. It’s the perfect accompaniment to any dish or to take to a potluck! At a first glance, I’m sure you’re thinking that this looks like your typical corn dish.
But let me tell you, it’s not. This creamy skillet corn with bacon of course, explodes with flavor and takes a regular corn side dish to a whole new level. Of course, you can always skip the bacon and cream and just keep the veggies. Ok so the best part about this corn is that it can also be used as a dip!
Creamy Skillet Corn
- 8-10 Slices Chopped bacon
- 2 lbs Frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 Cup Chopped red onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped red pepper
- 4 Ounces Softened cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili powder
- 4 Chopped green onions (Discard the white parts)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chopped bacon until golden and crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and discard some of the bacon grease leaving a thin coating on the pan.
- Add the corn, red onion, and red pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring until the peppers are tender and the corn is heated through, about 6-8 minutes. Add the cream cheese and heavy cream, stirring until the cream cheese melts.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the green onions.
- Serve warm topped with the bacon.