These Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes are creamy, buttery and bursting with flavor! The perfect side dish for a weeknight dinner or holiday feast.
I love mashed potatoes and they are at the top of the list when it comes to comfort food! They are the ultimate side dish that you can pretty much pair with anything. Adding in cheese only makes them much more tastier than they already are. I’m pretty sure Smoked Gouda is THE best thing since sliced bread haha but really.
What I like about these Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes is that they can be made at the last minute without any planning, if the basic ingredients are already on hand. In this recipe the skins from the potatoes are left on to add a bit more texture to the mix. However, feel free to peel them completely off if you’d like!
Creamy Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- 6-7 Large Red Potates, rough chopped (can leave skin on or peel completely off)
- 2½ Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Generous spoonfuls, Sour cream
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream or milk, as needed
- 1 Cup Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Place chopped potatoes in a medium-sized pot. Cover with cold water a few dashes of salt and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are easily are tender.
- Drain potatoes and add to a medium sized bowl. Add butter, sour cream, heavy cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the potatoes and let the butter melt for about a minute before mixing. Then mash with a potato masher until they are smooth and lump-free for the most part.
- Add shredded smoked gouda cheese (while the potatoes are still warm). Stir until cheese has melted.
- Transfer Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes to a serving dish and enjoy!