This Creamy Tortellini Pasta is a bowl full of comfort! It’s loaded with peas, asparagus and crispy bacon in a homemade parmesan cream sauce. I’m all about making pasta for dinner during the week because it typically comes together pretty quickly and most of the ingredients are easy to find at the grocery store. The best part is… LEFTOVERS! I mean who doesn’t love eating leftover pasta? That also means you probably won’t have to cook again at least for a couple of days which is a win in my book!
This creamy tortellini with peas, asparagus and bacon is so versatile because you can leave out the asparagus and add broccoli or another veggie instead. This pasta can be made in about 30 minutes or less which means no screaming children or a hungry husband!
Creamy Tortellini with Peas Asparagus and Bacon
- 1 lb 3 Cheese tortellini
- 1/2 Cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1 Cup Frozen peas
- 1 Cup Chopped asparagus
- 4 Cloves Chopped garlic
- 3 Cups Heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- 5-6 Slices Cooked Bacon
- 1-2 Tablespoons Canola oil
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 4 Tbalespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place bacon on a sheet tray and into the oven to cook. Once the bacon is cooked through remove from the oven and set aside on a paper towel to drain some of the grease.
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Add onions and sauté until transparent.
- Add peas, asparagus and garlic. Sauté until asparagus are tender. Set the veggies aside.
- In a sauce pot melt butter then add in your flour to form a roux.
- Add in heavy cream and whisk to avoid any clumps.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Pour sauce and veggies into the pot with tortellini and mix together.
- Chop crispy cooked bacon and stir it into the pot
- Serve and enjoy!