Easy Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls with a homemade cream cheese frosting is delicious and only take less than 30 minutes to make!
Homemade cinnamon rolls are one of those rare treats that make you feel all warm inside. The smell of warm spices in the air, dough wrapped around spirals of apple cinnamon-sugar amazingness, all soaked up in a sweet, melty cream cheese glaze. But what do you do when you don’t have time to make your dough from scratch? Ya do what I do which is use Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet or you can also use store bought pizza dough. You will get the exact same comforting Cinnamon Rolls as dough made from scratch but in way less time!
I love that these Cinnamon Rolls are so easy to make. They are perfect for busy mornings or if you are feeling lazy! They are also great for entertaining. If you are having guests over for the holidays and want to make a special breakfast or dessert with little work involved, make Easy Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls.
Easy Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
For the Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet
- 5-6 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- ¼ Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 3-4 Tablespoons Ground cinnamon, as needed
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Large Granny smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Suagr in the Raw, optional
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Ounces Cream cheese, softened
- ½ Stick Butter, softened
- 1½-2 Cups Powdered sugar, as needed
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Set aside.
- In a small saute pan, add a little butter, chopped apples, vanilla extract, cinnamon, brown sugar and sugar in the raw and cook apples until slightly tender.
- Unroll sheet of dough into one large rectangle. Spread softened butter evenly over the dough. Evenly sprinkle brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon over the butter. Add chopped apples on top.
- Start rolling the dough into a log. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 10-12 slices. Place slices, cut side down, in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cinnamon rolls cool for 5 about minutes or so.
- While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer , mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until you reach your desired consistency and flavor. If you need to make the frosting sweeter add more powdered sugar. If the frosting is too thick for your preference add in milk or heavy cream to thin it our a bit.
- Spread frosting over cinnamon rolls and serve. Enjoy!