With my Easy Beef and Broccoli recipe you can have a restaurant style dish at home in under 30 minutes!
Raise your hand if you are a big fan of Chinese food! Well I am, if you are too then you will love this recipe! Once you make this Easy Beef and Broccoli recipe at home you’ll never want to order it at takeout again. This is a staple dish that you’ll find at pretty much all Chinese American restaurants or takeout restaurants. I love sushi, but my hubs hates it…well all seafood for that matter. So anytime I drag him out with me to get sushi he always gets beef and broccoli or something similar and I try and sneak in a few bites!
Beef and broccoli is a delicious meal that works for lunch or dinner, and leftovers reheat well in the microwave. I typically serve it with cooked white or Jasmine rice.
WHAT TYPE OF STAK SHOULD I USE?
For this Beef and Broccoli Recipe Sirloin Steak. Sirloin is very flavorful and best cooked quickly. It is also relatively inexpensive and pretty easy to find.
CAN I USE CHICKEN OR PORK INSTEAD?
Yes, absolutely! You may just have to adjust the cooking times based on the protein you will be using but it will taste perfectly fine! Just be sure to slice the chicken or pork in small cubes.
Easy Beef and Broccoli
- 1½ lb Sirloin trimmed of fat and sliced thin against the grain
- 2 Tablespoons Corn starch
- 1 Large head broccoli cut into small florets
- 4 Cloves Minced garlic
- 1½ Tablespoon Sherry cooking wine
- 1 Tablespoon Minced ginger
- 4-5 Tablespoons Sesame oil, as needed
- 1½ Cup Beef broth, low or no sodium
- 4-5 Tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- 2 Cups White or jasmine rice
- Cook rice according to package and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the beef broth, cornstarch, sherry, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the steak with garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika and cook the steak until it starts to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir in with the steak, it should start to thicken immediately.
- Add broccoli and cook for an additional 2 minutes or so until broccoli is tender and sauce has thickened. Enjoy!