This Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made with biscuits instead of traditional pie crust which cuts the cooking time in half! This is the ultimate comfort meal and it’s super easy to make.
I love a nice warm plate of chicken pot pie, It’s very comforting especially during a cold rainy day or even when I just don’t feel like putting forth too much effort to cook dinner. I’m not sure whether it’s the hot creamy filling or the buttery biscuits but it just doesn’t get any better. Don’t judge me guys but I used to love Marie Callender’s frozen chicken pot pie…I still do actually haha. Anyone else have those before? It doesn’t taste as bad as you would think. That just goes to show you that my love for pot pie is real. Anyway, whenever I make this Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe I like to use biscuits or premade pie crust. Y’all know I’m all about quick and easy to follow recipes and this is it!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 Cooked Rotisserie Chicken (pulled from bone and shredded- discard skin)
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Cup Celery, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 1½ Tablespoon Herbs de Provence, as needed
- Kosher salt and black pepper as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Bag Frozen peas and carrtots
- ¼ Cup Dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 3-4 Cups Warm chicken broth
- ¼ Cup Heavy cream, as needed
- 2 Rolls Pillsbury grands homestyle bisucuits
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat a 13x9 baking dish with butter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of canola oil In a large dutch oven. Add in onions and celery and saute until the onions are translucent. Add in Herbs of Provence and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add in shredded chicken, peas and carrots. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add flour and stir for 2-3 minutes. Then add in white wine and reduce.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and bring to a light boil, then add in garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in heavy cream and simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Pour the chicken pot pie mixture into the baking dish. Grab the biscuits and cut each into quarters,then place on top of the pot pie.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20ish- 25 minutes until the biscuits are nice and golden on top. Enjoy!