These Easy Ice Cream Cupcakes are perfect for parties and to keep in the freezer for a quick treat!
Adults and children will LOVE these Ice cream cupcakes, they are so good and extremely simple to make. I love how you can keep them in the freezer and enjoy 1…or 3 whenever you’re in the mood for “something sweet”.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- These Ice cream cupcakes can stay in the freezer for up to two months vs. a standard store bought ice cream cake that will only last for about a week or two in the freezer.
- Another great thing about this recipe is how easy they are to make.
- They are totally customizable! You can switch up ice cream flavors and toppings and add some of your favorites.
- You can make them in advance and have them ready for your next event in no time.
- Ice Cream desserts are great year-round, but especially in the summertime.
- Like I mentioned before you can really get creative with the flavor combos! Here are a few combinations:
- Golden oreo crust with birthday cake flavored ice cream
- Chocolate oreo crust with mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Chocolate oreo crust with chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate oreo crust with cookies and cream ice cream
- Golden oreo crust with butter pecan ice cream
- Here are a few topping suggestions:
- Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Cookie Crumbles
- Maraschino Cherries
HOW SHOULD I STORE THESE ICE CREAM CUPCAKES?
They should be stored in the freezer in a long/ deep shallow plastic container. Just make sure they’re sealed airtight with a lid. They will last in the freezer for up to 2ish months if properly stored.
Questions about these Ice Cream Cupcakes? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Easy Ice Cream Cupcakes
- 1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- Rainbow Sprinkles (For Topping)
- Whipped Cream (For Topping)
- 12-15 Golden Oreos, Crushed
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake liners and press firmly into the bottom.
- Top each with a generous scoop or so of ice cream and press in evenly. Top with whipped cream and your favorite sprinkles.
- Cover and freeze for about 3-4 hours, enjoy!