Parmesan Crusted Salmon is super delicious and easy to make! A simple yet satisfying seafood dish.
This Salmon recipe is one of my favorite ways to enjoy seafood! I love how this exact recipe can also be used for chicken, so it works perfectly in my house because my husband does not eat seafood which you guys know is crazy! If you’ve been following me on Instagram then you know that this is one of the things that I am always talking about and how I have to kinda get creative because he’s kind of a picky- ish eater. Good thing is… baby boy is not, hallelujah! He loves all types of food like his mama! 🙂 One of the things that I also love about this recipe is that you only need a few ingredients that you’re probably already have on hand.
- Keep in mind that salmon fillets can take anywhere from 10- 15 ish minutes to bake. It really just depends on their thickness. Just be careful not to over-bake the salmon or it will dry out.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese yourself because pre shredded cheese is usually coated in starch will prevent the cheese from sticking to the salmon and melting properly.
- Be sure to spray a foil lined sheet tray with non stick spray to prevent the salmon from sticking to the pan.
- To reheat, pleace on a foil lined sheet tray sprayed with non-stick spray and bake for about 7ish minutes.
- When coating, press the breading mixture into salmon so that it sticks. Don’t sprinkle it on and leave it there because it may burn on top while baking.
This recipe can be paired with my Creamy Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes to make the perfect weeknight meal!
Questions about this Parmesan Crusted Salmon? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Easy Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- 4 Salmon filets, Skinless
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic Powder, as needed
- Old Bay Seasoning, as needed
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, as needed
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1½-2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Panko Breadcrumbs, as needed
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Lemon Juice, as needed
- Canola Oil, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a foil lined sheet tray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a shallow dish mix together parsley, cheese, panko, paprika and garlic powder.
- In a separate shallow dish beat the egg.
- Coat the Salmon in a little canola oil then season with old bay, kosher salt and black pepper. Working with one piece of salmon at a time dredge each side in the egg, then coat in the panko mixture. Be sure to press the coating onto the salmon to help it stick.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, be sure to check the salmon half way to avoid overcooking and burning the cheese. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top. Enjoy!