Light and fluffy Easy Pineapple Pancakes are simple and make delicious breakfast!
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day and it’s been a little while since I’ve posted a new breakfast recipe so I’m excited to share this one. Step your breakfast game up with this super easy pancake recipe! These pancakes are a fun twist on an old classic Pineapple Upside Down cake recipe. Imagine juicy, sweet pieces of pineapple in every bite topped with warm caramelized pineapples and a creamy sweet vanilla cream. YUM!
I love how quickly this Easy Pineapple Pancake recipe comes together. I used instant pancake mix to cut time in the morning. Let’s be honest…. Who even has time to make pancakes early in the morning from scratch? Yeah, I don’t…haha. If you’re feeling fancy, then by all means do your thing.
This is the perfect breakfast recipe to impress any guests that you have coming to town. The caramelized pineapples come together pretty quickly, you honestly just add all of the ingredients to the pan and simmer. Same with the Vanilla Icing, I don’t usually measure the icing when making because, it’s really your preference on how much you’d like to add to your pancakes. I sort of eyeball it. Same with my instant pancake mix, I honestly have NEVER looked at the back of the box. Who can relate? I feel like it’s one of those things where you add a little this and a little that to make your pancakes your own. You may need more water or more pancake mix again, depending on your preference.
- Be careful not to add too much oil to the pan or it will lead to greasy pancakes/ soggy pancakes. Also, make sure your heat is not too high or it will burn the outside without fully cooking the inside.
- Do not overcrowd the pan or the pancakes will combine and you will be left with one huge pancake.
- BUTTER– This is key to crispy edges on your pancake, you just need a little so maybe ½ a tablespoon or so per each batch. The buttery flavor and crisp edges really are amazing.
- Pancakes are ready to flip once small air bubbles begin to appear on top.
Questions about these Easy Pineapple Pancakes? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Easy Pineapple Pancakes
- 1 Box Pancake Mix, including water and whatever additional ingredients you like to use in your pancakes (Prepare about 5-6 Pancakes)
- 1 Cup Crushed Pineapples (For preparing about 5-6 Pancakes)
For Caramelized Pineapples
- ¾ Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 20oz Can of Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1½ Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
For the Vanilla Cream Icing
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Prepare your Pancake batter as you'd like then add 1 cup of the crushed pineapple. Cook your pancakes then set aside and keep warm.
- Place all of your Caramelized Pineapples ingredients in a medium pan over medium heat. Cook on low until the pineapples begin to caramelized and the cinnamon sauce begins to slightly thicken. Set aside and keep warm.
- Prepare your vanilla cream icing by starting with about 2ish Tablespoons of Powdered sugar and about 1ish tablespoons of heavy cream and 1-2 splashes of vanilla, whisk togther. (I don't usually measure this out, so I eyeball it until I reach my desired consistency and thickness by adding either more powdered sugar or more heavy cream to thinken the icing). Taste test and add more vanilla if needed.
- Top your pancakes with the caramelized pineapples, vanilla cream icing and any additional toppings you'd like. Enjoy!
- Add a little water to your caramelized pineapples if the sauce is too thick.