Gooey, cheesy, crispy Easy Pizza Rolls, stuffed with Pepperoni, Mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Raise your hand if you love pizza! Don’t get me wrong I loveee pizza but let me tell you…these Pizza rolls will definitely be your new favorite weekend appetizer. I feel like I can eat several and not even feel guilty. Ok, maybe a little but who’s counting! These are fun to make super simple and can be made in under 30 minutes. Did I mention that you can use store bought pizza dough? No need to bust out the mixer just grab some pizza dough, pepperoni, cheese, herbs, pizza sauce and boom you’re done.
I like to serve these Easy Pizza Rolls with Rao’s marinara dipping sauce and ranch dressing. Yes, both but it’s so necessary haha.
CAN I USE OTHER TYPES PROTEIN?
Absolutely! I love how this recipe isn’t limited to just pepperoni. Feel free to add sausage, bacon, ham, or chicken. Whatever you’re in the mood for, they will all work perfectly fine and taste amazing.
- Don’t overstuff your rolls and use too much pizza sauce. I made the mistake of doing so the first time I made these because I got a little carried away and it was a disaster so take my advice and don’t over do it because everything will come bursting out once they start to bake and the extra pizza sauce will make your dough soggy and take longer to bake properly.
- Make sure the dough is rolled out to about 1/4- 1/2 inch thick because the dough will expand while it bakes in the oven. And you don’t want to start out too thick and end up with huge pizza rolls.
Easy Pizza Rolls
- 14-16 Oz Pizza Dough (Can use fresh store bought or Pillsbury pizza dough in the can.)
- 10-15 Slices of Pepperoni, more as needed
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, more as needed
- ⅓ Cup Pizza Sauce,more as needed
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ⅓ Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder, as needed
- Dreied Oregano, as needed
- Fresh Basil, Chiffonade
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray two 9 inch pie plates with non stick cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about ¼-½ inch in thickness if your using store bought fresh dough. If you're using pillsbury dough in the can just roll out the dough as is on a cutting board.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a little room around the edges. Sprinkle dried oregano and a little basil on top, then add some shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese then add the pepperoni slices. Again, don't overstuff.
- Cut pizza into 12 strips length wise, I usually mark my cuts after each pepperoni slice then cut all the way down.
- Roll each slice up tightly.
- Arrange the rolls in the pie plates and bake for about 15-20 minutes, be sure to check often.
- While the pizza rolls are cooking, combine the Garlic and butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once the rolls are complete, brush the tops with the garlic butter and top with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Serve with dipping sauce, enjoy!