Ok guys, this skillet lasagna is the perfect weeknight dinner and can be made in ONE pot! This is the ultimate comforting dish for when you really don’t feel like “cooking” and is much easier to make than conventional lasagna! This recipe will honestly probably change the way you make lasagna forever. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of making things from scratch, but sometimes you simply don’t have time for all of that.
This recipe is so easy to make and very customizable, you can use Italian sausage, ground turkey or beef.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 2 Pound Ground beef
- 3 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Cup Diced yellow onion
- 1 Teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 24 Ounce Jar of good marinara sauce such as Rao's
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh basil
- 8 Ounces Oven Ready Lasagna noodles (half a box) (Broken into pieces)
- Water, start with ½ Cup and add more as needed
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Large egg yolk
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1-2 Cups Ricotta cheese
- For the ricotta mixture: Mix everything together until smooth and evenly combined. Set aside
- In a large oven-safe skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat, breaking up the beef into small pieces.
- Once the beef has been broken up and mostly cooked through, add the onions and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until the onions are translucent then add in the minced garlic.
- Season the beef mixture with garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the beef mixture and combine. Add in about 1/2 cup of water to marinara sauce stir together and add in 2 1/2 tablespoons of fresh basil.
- Add in the broken lasagna noodles to the skillet, move them around so the sauce can get to the bottom and in between the noodles. Cover the skillet and allow the noodles to soften, about 20 minutes stirring consistently to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Once the noodles have softened, do a quick taste test and reduce the heat to low. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and dollop the ricotta mixture on top and put the skillet into a preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil and let cool and serve.