These Easy Stuffed Peppers are bursting with flavor, packed with cheese a meaty stuffing and marinara sauce in a juicy sweet bell pepper!
Stuffed Peppers make a great everyday meal, they’re easy to make and everyone loves them. I typically fill these with a mixture of beef and sausage, but you can use one or the other or even ground turkey if you prefer. You also have the option to use cauliflower rice instead of regular whit rice if you want to make these a little healthier.
WHAT TYPE OF PEPPERS SHOULD I USE?
When choosing the color of pepper for your Easy Stuffed Peppers recipe, it really just depends on your personal taste preference. Green peppers tend to be less sweet than red, yellow or orange. I will say that green peppers really compliment the flavors in the beef, sausage, tomato-rice mixture. I chose to use every pepper as we aren’t too picky in my house so why not!
DO I HAVE TO PRE-COOK THE PEPPERS BEFORE STUFFING THEM?
No, you don’t have to precook the peppers, but I strongly recommend flash boiling them prior to stuffing them because it helps speed up the cooking process in the oven and they won’t be as crispy. If you decide not to pre-cook them they will stay a little crispy.
Easy Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Cup Cooked white rice
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 1/2 Cup Yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 24 oz Jar Marinara sauce (I use Raos homemade)
- 6 bell peppers, tops and cores removed
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Garli powder, to tatse
- Kosher salt and pepper to tatse
- 1½ Tablespoon Dried orgeano, as needed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 365°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion until translucent, for about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- In a pot of boiling salt water drop peppers in and boil for about 3-4 minutes until slightly tender but still keeping their shape. Remove the peppers from the pot and place peppers cut side-up in a baking dish with a little water in the bottom to prevent them from burning out in the oven.
- Add in ground beef and sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return beef mixture to skillet, then stir in tomato paste and mix well. Add in marinara sauce and cooked white rice. Season with oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let simmer so that the flavors can come together until liquid has reduced down slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into each pepper and top with cheddar cheese, then cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is nice and bubbly. Enjoy!