This Easy Teriyaki Chicken is a classic take out recipe that everyone loves. Making it at home is super easy and will quickly become your new favorite!
Guys… if you haven’t already noticed I love Asian food! While I was pregnant with my son my love for Asian food increased and I ate it literally ALL the time and I’m pretty sure my husband was over it haha. So, yall already know how excited I am to share this Easy Chicken Teriyaki recipe.
For starters this recipe is so easy to make, you pretty much just mix up the sauce ingredients, cook the chicken then add the sauce mixture and boom you’re done! I personally like to use chicken thighs in this recipe, for the extra juicy flavor. But, you can definitely use chicken breast if you’d like which is also just as delicious.
Serve this Chicken Teriyaki with steamed rice and broccoli and you’ve got dinner ready in under an hour!
Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ⅓ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil, optional
- ½ Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Onion powder, as needed
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, as needed
- Green Onion, Chopped for Garnish
- Canola Oil
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, rice wine vinegar, granulated sugar, brown sugar and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Sear chicken on both sides for about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Add soy sauce mixture to the pan with the chicken and continue cooking on medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken. Once you’ve reached your desired consistency, garnish with chopped green onion and serve over rice. Enjoy!