Going out for Hibachi can get a little expensive especially depending on the size of your family. So, I have the perfect Hibachi Shrimp and Steak recipe for you to make right in the comfort of your own home! I have to say, my favorite part about Japanese Hibachi is the Yum Yum sauce. Like I will legit drown my hibachi in the sauce it’s so good! Yum Yum sauce can be purchased at your local grocery store or you can make it yourself which I prefer. Don’t worry…I have the perfect recipe for you. Just be sure to make the sauce in advance to give those flavors time to really bloom.
As for the fried rice, I recommend cooking your rice then letting it chill in the fridge a couple of hours or up to a day before making the hibachi. This prevents the rice from getting mushy and overcooked.
Hibachi Shrimp and Steak
For the Yum Yum Sauce
- 1½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons Water, as needed
- 1/2- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
For the Hibachi
- 2 Cups Cooked white rice, cold
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sesame oil, as needed
- 2-3 Tablespoons Soy sauce, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Onion powder, as needed
- Paprika, as needed
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large Zucchini, sliced into sticks
- 1 lb Sirloin steak, cubbed
- 1 lb Large shrimp
- 1 Egg
- Canola oil
- Mix all of the Yum Yum sauce ingredients (except water) together.
- Add water small amounts at a time until you reach your desired sauce consistency. Chill in the fridge.
- Season the steak and shrimp with kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and onion powder.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in the steak and brown on both sides for about 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Add in a couple splashes of Teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and cook the shrimp. Add in a couple splashes of Teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add oil to the pan and cook the zucchini, mushrooms and onions, sauté for about 3 minutes. (You can remove the veggies from the pan if you'd like or keep in the pan to cook with your rice all together).
- Add in the cold rice, a couple splashes of soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add in the egg and lightly scramble and mix together. Enjoy!