Juicy Chicken breast smothered in creamy honey mustard sauce that’s easy enough to make for dinner or a quick lunch!
This Honey Mustard Chicken is amazing! It’s so easy to make and full of so much flavor. It’s perfect over creamy mashed potatoes, seasoned white rice or even a nice Cobb Salad. In my opinion, this is the perfect dish for when you really want something good to eat but don’t want to spend so much time in the kitchen slaving over the stove. You guys already know I am a huge fan of meals you can pull together fairly quickly with minimal time spent in the kitchen. Recipes like this Honey Mustard Chicken are perfect for when you’ve had a long, busy day at work, or have screaming hungry children! The honey mustard sauce can be made up to 1 week in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
WHAT TYPE OF MUSTARD SHOULD I USE FOR THE SAUCE?
I like to combine the following three different mustards to create a dynamic honey mustard sauce for this Honey Mustard Chicken recipe.
- Dijon Mustard which is made from fine ground hotter brown or black mustard seeds and white wine which gives it a sharp, pungent flavor.
- Stone Ground Mustard is usually made with the hotter brown or black mustard seeds like Dijon mustard but the seeds are only partially ground down which leave some whole, to create a thick like paste.
- Yellow Mustard is a mild, smooth mustard that’s made from fine ground yellow mustard seeds and turmeric for a clean mustard tart taste.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Stone ground mustard (I prefer Grey Poupon)
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- ½-1 Tablespoon Butter
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Chili powder, as needed
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- In a small bowl mix together all 3 mustards and honey, set aside.
- Season chicken breast with garlic powder, black pepper, kosher salt and chili powder.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and butter. Sear chicken breast on both sides for about 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Turn heat down low and pour in honey mustard sauce and and let simmer. Enjoy!