These Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes are crispy and caramelized on the outside and irresistible on the inside.
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorites vegetables, mainly because you can eat them with almost anything. They are also pretty simple to prepare.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It requires minimal ingredients and it is super easy to whip up.
- You can easily double this recipe for serving more people.
- They honestly can be served with pretty much anything.
- Use a large sheet pan because the more space that the potatoes have (the less crowded they are) the better they roast. When your potatoes overlap on a sheet pan, they end up steaming instead of roasting. This will definitely affect the texture in the end.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO CUT A SWEET POTATO?
You can follow these simple steps below!
- I recommend peeling the sweet potato first so you don’t have to worry about trying to remove hot skin from the potato.
- Remove a thin lengthwise strip on the bottom of the potato. This will allow you to set the sweet potato sturdily on your cutting board. That way, when you make the other cuts, you don’t have to worry about the potato rolling or sliding around and potentially cut yourself.
- Cut the sweet potato into equal 1/2 inch rounds.
- Then cut each sweet potato round into small square diced pieces (should be 2 cuts).
HOW DO I STORE THIS RECIPE?
You can store these roasted potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4ish days.
HOW DO I REHEAT THESE ROASTED POTATOES?
Just put them on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven or in the air fryer and heat until warm. You can of course also reheat them in the microwave.
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES!
- Creamed Corn
- Mexican Inspired Rice
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Candied Bacon
- Southern Succotash with Bacon
Questions about these Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lbs Sweet Potatoes (Peeled and Small Chopped)
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Couple Pinches of Nutmeg
- ½ Stick Unsalted Butter (1/4 or 4 Tablespoons)
- ½ Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt, as needed
- Thyme, Optional for Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425℉.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the honey, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and simmer for a few minutes until the spices are incorporated.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes to the skillet and coat evenly. Pour sweet potato mixture onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes until fork tender. Season to taste. Enjoy!