Scrambled eggs, crispy sausage, bell peppers and cheese wrapped in tortillas and toasted until the cheese is melted and gooey and the outside is crispy. These tasty Loaded Breakfast Burritos are perfect for breakfast, brunch or meal prep!
I truly feel like the secret to a productive day is eating a good breakfast. Of course, breakfast and brunch are one of the hardest meals to prep because like many of us we are always on the go and just don’t have time. Luckily, these crunchy Loaded Breakfast Burritos come together in less than 20 minutes and make a good breakfast or brunch. They are also great for meal prepping because they freeze very well. So, you can cook them, let them cook and pop them in the freezer.
The peppers, onions and sausage are sautéed together in the same pan making it super easy to include whatever ingredients into the wraps. You can use, bacon, turkey bacon or sausage or even go the completely veggie route and skip the meat as a whole, it’s your preference! Once you’ve cooked and removed the sausage and peppers the eggs can be cooked in the same pan with lots of cheese. You can use the fiesta blend or cheddar cheese, both melt very well and add a creamy buttery taste to the eggs!
HOW TO FREEZE BREAKFAST BURRITOS?
Once cooked, let the burritos cool. Then wrap the burritos tightly in the aluminum foil and place in a gallon-sized Ziploc freezer bag. When ready to eat, unwrap and microwave on high for about 1 to 2 minutes, until warmed through, or heat on a paini press or oven in the oven at 350°F for about 12 to 15 minutes.
Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- 1 lb Breakfast sausage
- 1 Cup Red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 Cup Fiesta blend cheese, shredded
- 6-7 Large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy cream
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- 6 Large tortillas
- Heat a large non-stick pan to medium heat. Add sausage, bell peppers and onion and canola oil. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until sausage is crispy and peppers are tender. Transfer to a plate, wipe down pan and return the pan to heat to cook eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pour about 1 tablespoon of canola oil or butter into the pan and heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes or just until the eggs begin to set. Fold in cheese and set pan aside.
- Lay each tortilla on a clean flat Surface, fill each tortilla with scrambled eggs, some of the meat mixture and cheese. Fold into a tight burritos shape. Toast on a Panini press or skillet for about 1-2 minutes per side with a teaspoon of butter in the same pan/ press until the outside is crispy and golden. Serve warm with your favorite salsa. Enjoy!