These Meatballs in Dijon Gravy are BOMB! They’re smothered in the most amazing rich and creamy gravy and packed with delicious flavor.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe, these juicy beef meatballs are the real deal okay! I absolutely love making homemade meatballs because you can incorporate some of your favorite herbs and spices and freeze some for later. Did I mention that these Meatballs in Dijon Gravy also make a great appetizer? Just make the meatballs, without any sides, and you’ll have meatballs that will definitely be a crowd pleaser at potluck or game night.
Meatballs in Dijon Gravy
For the Meatballs
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Onion powder, as needed
For the Dijon Gravy
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1½ Tablespoons Dijon Mustard, as needed
- 1½-2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1½ Cups Chicken broth
- ½ Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, as needed
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the meatball ingredients until fully combined.
- Form balls with the meat mixture and place the meatballs on a foil lined baking sheet and place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until meatballs are fully cooked through. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add in the onions and thyme, saute until onions are translucent. Add in Dijon mustard and mix well.
- Stir in the flour for about 5 minutes or so. Pour in the broth and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Add in the heavy cream and turn the heat up slightly to medium high and simmer until the gravy is nice and creamy. Season to taste.
- Place the meatballs into the sauce, enjoy!