Have you ever had Mexican Street Corn Salad? It’s absolutely amazing, and if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend you go out and try it or make it yourself right at home. I was always a little skeptical about it at first. My husband would always try to get me to taste it and I just wasn’t budging. I mean, mayonnaise on corn? That just didn’t sound right to me haha. Now that I’ve had it I don’t understand why I waited so long to try it… don’t be like me and miss out!
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is a creamy, crunchy and tasty salad all in one. It can easily feed a group of people or works perfectly fine with for your family! I love this dish because it can be also used as a dip. Toasted corn kernels mixed with Cotija cheese, mayonnaise, a bit of jalapenos, and fresh cilantro. This is recipe is perfect for parties or pairing with grilled meats!
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Cups Frozen corn
- 1 Jalapeño (seeded and diced)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Cotija cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped cilatro
- 1 Teaspoon Chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add corn and jalapeño, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly charred, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in mayonnaise, cotija cheese, cilantro, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt and lime juice.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and Cotija Cheese. Enjoy!