This One Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup is seriously delicious! It can be served with some toasty bread and makes for an easy weeknight meal your whole family will enjoy!
One Pot meals are truly my favorite, they take little effort and the flavors come together so perfectly! The cream, sausage, cheese and tomato soup…mmm. This One Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup recipe has easily become a new favorite in my house, we ate it for dinner and leftovers the next day and that’s not like us to eat dinner leftovers for lunch haha. I actually think I’ll be making it again very soon.
WHAT EXACTLY IS TORTELLINI?
Tortellini is a type of italian pasta which is usually stuffed with cheese or sometimes meat. Tortellini is often served in broth or with sauces.
One Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 1½ lb Ground italian sausage
- 1 Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 1½ 14.5oz Cans Diced tomatoes
- 2 16oz Jars Tomato soup ( I used Raos Tomato Basil Soup)
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons All purpose flour
- 5.2 oz Boursin cheese (Can substitue for onion and chive cream cheesen or aloutte cheese )
- 1½ lb Frozen cheese tortellini, uncooked (Do not thaw)
- 1 32oz Container chicken broth
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Paprika, as needed
- Basil, as needed
- Onion powder, as needed
- In a large dutch oven, add in the Italian sausage and onions and cook until the sausage is browned and no longer pink.
- Season the meat mixture with the chopped garlic, paprika, basil, onion powder, salt and a few pinches of salt and mix well. Add in flour, stir together then add in tomatoes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomato soup and tortellini pasta. Let simmer for about 3-7 minutes to allow the tortellini to cook through before mixing in the boursin cheese.
- Season to taste and enjoy!