Comfort food at its finest! This One Pot Swedish Meatball Pasta is full of beefy flavor in a creamy sauce, served over noodles. And there is only one pot to clean up after dinner!
This is not a recipe where canned soups or ready-made packets of any sort are involved. Just a beautiful, flavorful silky cream sauce with homemade meatballs. My husband loves this One Pot Swedish Meatball Pasta recipe, mainly because it’s comforting, filling and we tend to have leftovers! The cool part about this recipe is that it’s pretty versatile which means you can serve the meatballs with wide egg noodles, linguine pasta, rice or even homemade mashed potatoes. The meatballs can also be made in advanced and you can freeze them until needed.
WHAT ARE SWEDISH MEATBALLS SERVED WITH?
- Egg noodles
- Pasta (any type: fettuccine or linguine)
- White rice
- Spaghetti squash
- Zoodles (zucchini noodles)
One Pot Swedish Meatball Pasta
- 1½ lb Ground beef
- 1/2 Cup Bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons
- 1 lb Wide egg noodles
- 1 Cup Parmesean cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Green onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Cup Sliced poetobello mushrooms
- 1-2 Tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 Cups Beef broth, unsalted
- 3 Cups Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cook noodles according to pack and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ½ of the parsley, breadcrumbs, green and ½ of the yellow onion, egg, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Line a sheet tray with foil and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Take about a golf-ball size of the meatball mixture and roll it into balls. Place the meatballs onto the sheet tray and cook in the oven for about 18 minutes until cooked through. Then set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet and add in mushrooms and the other half of the yellow onions and cook until the onions are translucent, and mushrooms are tender.
- Then add in beef broth and reduce down for about 5 minutes or so. Add in heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and worcestershire sauce and stir for about 7-8 minutes.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, once the sauce begins to thicken add in the egg noodles and return the meatballs to the pan.
- Garnish with parmesan and the parsley.