Crispy salty bacon just pairs well with Brussels sprouts. Anything with bacon really haha. This Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon recipe is the perfect side dish to impress guests, or to enjoy with your family. It’s a simple but absolutely delicious recipe that is sure to be a hit.
The Brussels sprouts should be washed and trimmed. Then, depending on their size, the sprouts should be halved or quartered. I typically always halve mine because it’s easier to eat. Remove the very outer leaves from the sprouts as well. You have the option to cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet or the oven. Cooking the bacon in the oven saves you time and less clean up. Once the bacon is crispy you can set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Then chop once it has cooled a bit.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons Canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 5 Slices Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts then halve them (It’s fine if some of the outer leaves fall off – just bake those along with the rest of the sprouts).
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with canola oil, kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder tossing to evenly coat.
- Spray a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts single layered onto a large sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time, until golden and lightly caramelized.
- Remove sprouts from the oven and toss with bacon.